From:
Mary Bourgrif <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Bourgrif <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 01:05:20 -0500

I apologize if this has already been posted here. I found this tonight on
clinicaltrials.gov:

Information provided by:   University of British Columbia
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier:  NCT00175760

Purpose
This study is to see if a high response to the TTG screening test for celiac
disease is as accurate as the current method of diagnosing celiac disease
which entails a general anesthetic and upper endoscopy to obtain biopsies of
the small intestine. If the screening blood test is highly accurate, then
some patients that are being evaluated for celiac disease may not require an
upper GI endoscopy and can be treated more quickly. If they respond to the
therapy then they will be deemed to have celiac disease.

Full details and easy instructions are on the site which is owned by the n.i.h.