From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 08:27:33 -0800

Hi Celiacphiles!

I would like to make the following recipe for my celiac kids but I don't
know if Kraft Caramels are gluten free. Are there gluten free caramels
available?

Turtles:

25 soft caramels
1 cup of pecan halves
2 tsp evaporated milk
4 squares semi-sweet (or milk?) chocolate

Melt caramels with cream in double boiler (or microwave?). Cool for 10
minutes. Arrange pecan halves in groups of three on lightly greased baking
sheet. Spoon melted caramel over nuts, leaving tips showing. Cool for 30
minutes. Melt chocolate in double boiler. Stir until chocolate is smooth.
Cool and spread over caramel. Makes 24.

All the best,
Susan