From:
Becky ILOG <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Becky ILOG <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:10:26 -0400

We stayed in the old city section of Salzburg, Austria 4 nights.  This was
definitely a difficult place to eat GF.  When I asked the listserv for
suggestions of where to eat before the trip, I got no responses.

We stayed at an inn that included breakfast - we were able to eat ham,
cheese, and fruit there (Golden Ente on Goldstrasse).   Salzburg is an
expensive city but our budget was more moderate.  We ate multiple times at
McDonald's (in the old city).  There is a grocery store called Billa on the
street on the south/left side of the river that had no GF
bread/cracker/cookies that I could find, but we were able to buy ready made
salads, nuts and fruit there for lunch.  We ate a few times at a restaurant
in the Old City called Zum Mohren (on Judegasse) and had salmon or tuna with
veggies that was good (and the menu was in English as well as German).

Becky