From:
ronald owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 21:17:33 -0500

    Thanks to everybody who answered my question about my friends' son and
their dilemma.  A special thanks to those who took the trouble and time to
give such lengthy, helpful advice!  Wow! Many have said it, but hear it
again:  This group is a godsend to people!  Not only do you give crucial,
practical advice, but you also give such emotional support!  You so
beautifully take away the "why just me" element of suffering.  I know I
speak on behalf of my friends, to whom I have forwarded your postings. So
many of you know first hand what it's like to see a child suffer from this,
you can easily imagine how good for the parents to hear from you.  It would
be impossible to summarize, but essentially almost everyone said yes, you
can have celiac without the visual evidence; most said try the GF route
while waiting for answers (some cautioning that with a later biopsy you may
have to go back on glutens first); and a number said to go to Dr. Fine's
website.  Thanks again for making this internet such a marvelous creation.

--Ron