Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 21:16:30 -0400

Wondering if anyone else has this?  My grandmother had it.

I have been recently diagnosed with Celiac and have been having
problems with dry eyes for a few years. I went to an eye doctor way
back and was told that my tears are abundant but the cell that
lubricates them is missing.  I'm only 44, that happened when I was
41.  I was told I would need to use Restatsis for the rest of my
life.  Hello glasses, goodbye contacts.  My eyes were inflamed, which
is why I made the appointment.

   My mouth is also very dry and drinking more doesn't seem to help.
My blood test was negative for Sjogrens.  Should I pursue finding
another cause, or is it possible to test negative but have it?  Are
there any other definitive tests?

Thanking you in advance and will be happy to summarize.

Yvonne Yaar
"Never go to a Doctor whose office plants have died" Erma Bombeck