From:
Lori Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lori Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 07:38:25 -0500

Hey folks,  I would like to thank everybody for the
multitude of
enthusiastic and not so enthusiastic responses.
Everyone seems very
excited to hear
about hamburger buns, this listserv is a great vehicle
for sharing
information and I am VERY excited to decide which
recipe or company is
my favorite.
 This email has the 5 recipes I received and the next
email is a list
of
the reviews of different mixes and ready mades.

Thanks again, Lori

Recipe #1
Hi Lori - I have been making these hamburger buns for
several years.
They are so easy to make.  Do they taste like Wonder
Buns?  Probably
not,
but it's been so long, I'm not sure that I remember.

1 3/4 C GF flour mix  (I have used Bette Hagman's old
and new mixes,
have
even combined them if need be)
1 teas. baking powder
1/2 teas. xantham gum
pinch of salt
1 1/2 C sour cream (I use Daisy Light)
1 egg, slightly beaten

Mix all dry ingredients together.  Gradually stir in
mix of egg and
sour
cream.  Spoon into 6 greased hamburger rings.  Shape
with back of spoon
or with fingers spritzed with Pam.  Bake in 400F oven,
15-20 minutes or
until lightly browned.  Turn out on wire rack to cool
or eat hot.  They
freeze well and they are better when toasted (what
isn't?)  I always
double the recipe

Recipe #2

I have been baking these for my gf husband for about
three years.
Enjoy.
Vickie/WV

Hamburger or Hot Dog Buns
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Ingredients:
3/4 cup rice flour
1/4 cup potato starch
1/2 cup tapioca starch
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
Mix above ingredients. In a separate bowl mix the
following:
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup milk or buttermilk
Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Spray cookie
sheet with pam
and
then spray inside of muffin rings. Put 2 very large
spoonfuls of batter
in
each, make sure the rings aren't to close to each
other. Sprinkle with
sesame seeds. and bake immediately for approx. 13-15
minutes, should
get
nice and golden brown on top. Should get 5 buns out of
it. You can
double
the recipe and make a bigger batch, if you use them
often. Don't
undercook
or they will fall when cooling. Take out of muffin
rings and let cool
completely.
Variation: add 1 cup grated cheddar cheese for a
lovely cheese bun. For
hot
dogs: add 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon more of the xanthan gum
to the batter, and
on
greased cookie sheet, spoon batter in an oblong shape,
about 5 inches
long
(all depends on how big you want them), sprinkle
sesame seeds, and bake
immediately. Let cool completely, wrap individually in
saran wrap, and
place
in a freezer bag and freeze. Take out whenever you
need one. When their
thawed Usually microwave one for about 15-20 seconds,
not to much, just
warm them up.