From:
MaryRich Boucher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MaryRich Boucher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2011 13:49:04 -0700

I had posted a question on this list regarding Ham Glaze in a packet that was
attached with a Ridge Creek Ham I had purchased from Sams Club.  Maltodextrin
was listed as an ingredient in the glaze packet and I was unsure as to the
gluten status of maltodextrin, because someone had posted on this list recently
that Maltodextrin now comes from many different countries and sources,  and that
it is no longer considered to "always be gluten free".

I was able to find a list of ingredients on the "Gluten Free Lliving" website,
which states that maltodextrin may be corn,potato, rice or wheat, but that it is
such a highly processed ingredient that the protein is removed, rendering it
gluten free.

List-users can check this and other ingredients at
http://www.glutenfreeliving.com/ingredient.php
The website appears to be an excellent resource for many ingredients that are a
mystery.

Hope this helps everyone

Mary in St. Louis