From:
Diane Morof <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 09:16:48 EDT

There is a great gf bakery café in Vancouver near the Burrard bridge.
Panne Rizo on Cornwall Street.  Open for breakfast and lunch M-Sat.
Also any cruise we have been on the crew has gone out of their way to
serve gf food - to the tune of several pounds gained each time!
Have fun!  Vancouver is a beautiful, cosmopolitan city

There is a bakery in Vancouver called "Panne Rizo Bakery Cafe".  Their phone
number is (604) 736-0885.  Their email address is:  [log in to unmask]  When
I went on a cruise to Alaska, I brought some coolers with me and purchased
many of their baked goods.  I brought them on the ship.  The only problem, as
most of our items are made without preservatives, the baked goods only stayed for
a short period of time.  If you could get the ship to accommodate you and
hold some of the items in the freezer, they would last for a longer period of
time.

I have subsequently ordered items from them, all of which were very good.
The one drawback is that they are very expensive, so the decision is up to you.

 had fantastic luck with meals on a Royal Carribean cruise last
Thanksgiving.  The head waiter for our dinner table was really good every
night about asking what I wanted for dinner and making sure it was prepared
safely.  He'd also ask about the next night to be sure I was ok with the
general choices available.  He also brought me freshly baked gluten free
bread every night for dinner.  For breakfast and lunch, I was able to
request items off the standard menus and ask to have them prepared slightly
differently (no bun, for example).  Eating at the snack bars is a little
more tricky because they are not as knowledgeable about it.  So by far,
dinners were the easiest, but I had no problems in general.  Beyond that, I
took some cereal along because I get bored with eggs easily, and a few
miscellaneous snacks to have with me.  But other than that, I did not find I
needed anything else with me.

Hope  this summary helps!!!!!!  Enjoy!!!!!!!!!  Diane