From:
- Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:43:34 EDT

I stopped taking it a couple of days ago - I'll let you know if it helps my
problem.

I  took prevacid a few months ago and it gave me severe diarrhea....
+++++++
Please let me know what you discover.  Our daughter has taken prevacid for
several years and also suffers from constipation.  Her GI said that reflux
can cause constipation.

++++++

Have been constipated all my life so cannot blame it on Prevacid.  Miralax
is good for constipation.  Good Luck
+++++++
I did have nausea, vomiting and severe acid reflux when I was on prevacid.
I had severe nausea, vomiting and diarrhea also from aciphex.  Be very
careful when taking any of the acid reflux prescription drugs, as they have
severe side effects and I recently read of some heart damage from this also.

My gastroenterologist said only to use the smallest does possible and use
it sparingly, only when having severe symptoms of acid reflux and they are
not intended for long term use.

*******
*******