From:
Diane Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 16:47:09 -0800

Happy New Year Everyone
Haven't found out much but thought I would summarize now since
tomorrow we are off on a safari for 3 weeks.

I did not hear from any French coelics nor roquefort experts.  But one
listmate volunteered to translate into French a letter to the mayor of
a town where roquefort is made.

Several asked about my post on bleu cheese.  To find that post and one
by Don Wiss go into the archives, do a search on bleu cheese (that
spelling for bleu narrows your search).  See item 017690 8/20/98 and
item #7687 8/21/96.

To sum up, it's inconclusive whether roquefort and some other cheeses
contain bread crumbs.  From Don Wiss's post, it sounds like they do.
But there are moldy cheeses that do not.  I don't have brqands but
check the label and call.

Sorry I wasn't more helpful.  But none of you were either!  :-))
Diane

PS  Jerri in MD passed on this website.  You might want to check it
out but I couldn't find anything there that mentioned bread (or lack
of use of same) at all.

   http://www.google.com/search?q=%22roquefort+cheese%22+made