From:
Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 20:20:57 EDT

I don't know if this is what you were looking for, but here is my recipe for
chicken chili.

White Chicken Chili

1 - 2 large onions, chopped
1 Tbsp oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1 4-oz can chopped green chili's (Old El paso is gf)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
2 cans gf chicken broth
3 - 4 cans great northern beans (Green Giant is a good brand)

Simmer 4 chicken breasts in water and seasonings until tender. or simmer in
homemade chicken broth.  Cool and cut or shred into large pieces.

Sauté onions in oil until translucent.  Add the seasonings. chili's, chicken
broth and beans and simmer for approximately 1 hour, on low heat, stirring
frequently.  If too thick, thin with chicken broth or water.  Add chicken and
simmer about 20 minutes more.

Serve topped with shredded Monterey jack cheese.  Freezes well.