From:
Berinda Karp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 20:53:44 +1000

hi all, I hope I'm doing this correctly as my first message to you. I've
been on the list for a few weeks now and happily now know I am not mad
as you all suffer the same...

I bought a bread maker to try making GF foods. My first lot of attempts
have been pretty bad though the dogs ate it. Then I bought this
Healtheries mix and was delighted at how easy it was too make (not in
the bread machine), quick and light and tasted good. 2 hrs after my
first toast my stomach exploded into cramps and the rest of it (graphic
details not required here) and we were 15 mins from home with a service
station up ahead....I just got there!

I am so dissappointed and I'm scared to try it again. Its labelled
gluten free and contains:
corn starch, low fat milk powder, sugar,cornmeal,modified starch,
glucono-delta-lactone,sodium bicarbonate, glyceryl monostearate,
salt,guar gum.

I am lactose intollerant but can usually handle a bit of milk stuff
without too much bother...any ideas from anyone as to the severe
reaction???

This product is made in New Zealand and I'm in Sydney.

Does anyone know anything about this product??

Thanks for having this great get together and understanding friends
Berinda from Sydney