From:
Joan Harrington <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joan Harrington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:59:34 -0500

Hello,
After offering to send emails to people who wanted my collection of
recipes so generously donated by readers,and receiving over 100 requests
already, I will go ahead and post to the list in several emails.
Enjoy!
here is a recipe that my husband loves . . .I have never froze it, however,
I don't know why you couldn't cut into serving sizes and freeze, and then
eat when thawed.  All the ingredients can be frozen, so I would try

Next best thing to robert redford:

one cup GF flour   one half cup soft butter   one cup chopped nuts   eight
ounces cream cheese   one cup sugar    one large container cool whip   one
large box vanilla instant pudding   one large box chocolate instant pudding
three cups milk.
for first layer, mix gf flour, butte
r and nuts and press into 9 x 13 pan
and
bake at 350 for fifteen muniutes.  Cool
second layer combine cream cheese, sugar and one half of cool whip and
spread carefully over crust (place small drops all over and then carefully
spread).
third layer combine both puddings, and milk and spread over 2nd layer
top with remaining coolwhip and garnish with chocolate shavings.

Also, my husband likes to make gf brownies and freeze them.  He actually
eats them frozen, but they could thaw and then be eaten.

Good luck!  Anna in Michigan

I have two good GF cookie recipes posted on my website.
Go to www.glutenfreecookbook.com
There are three GF cookie recipes, the Peanut Butter Blossoms should
freeze nicely. I do use Brach's chocolate stars, there are many people
on this listserve that are advising against using any Brach's candy. You
can substitute Hershey's Kisses, if you'd like. Pleas
e note that the
chocolates are pressed into the cookies immediately AFTER baking. The
chocolate would melt and run all over the pan if you pressed them into
the cookie before baking. I also always use fresh butter and not
margarine, but my husband typed all these recipes for me, and I did not
get a chance to update them yet.

There is also a Molasses Ginger cookie that freeze nicely. They also
keep well for a couple weeks in an airtight tin at room temperature.

I have just visited my site and there is a strange glitch here and
there. It shouldn't affect the recipes, but feel free to e-mail me back
with any questions.
Thanks.

Joan, I beleive cheesecakes freeze nicely. You can make the crust with a
crushed up gf cookie, and some butter and maybe some nuts. The rest of the
recipe should be gf.
I don't know whether any of these desserts can be frozen.  The Chocolate
Balls are made in 2 steps, then froz
en.  But they are all delicious!  jyr
Happy Holidays!

PUMPKIN BUTTERSCOTCH SNACKING CAKE  Adapted by Janet Rinehart
2=BD  cups flour
mix
                                              4 eggs (or EggBeaters
equivalent)
2 TBSP baking powder

1=BD  cups packed light brown sugar
2 tsp baking soda
=BD  cup unsweetened applesauce
=BD  tsp
salt
                                               2 cups chopped walnuts or
pecans, divided
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) Hershey's Butterscotch Bits or Kroger's brand (not
Nestle's)
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 can Libby's Pumpkin
In medium bowl, combi
ne flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon
and nutmeg.  In large mixer bowl, beat pumpkin, eggs, sugar and applesauce
at medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in dry ingredients just until blended.
Stir in 1 cup walnuts.  Spread into greased & floured 13 x 9-in. baking
pan.
Sprinkle with butterscotch morsels and remaining nuts.  BAKE in preheated
350 deg. oven for 45 to 50 minutes.  Test doneness with toothpick before
removing.  Cool.
(I served this cake at a handbell rehearsal and got raves!)

CHOCOLATE BRITTLE CANDY
Jr. League Cookbook
            (good!)
Melt 2 sticks butter (or "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter")
Add:  2 TBSP water  1 TBSP white Karo syrup
1-1/3 cup sugar
Boil to 300 degrees on candy thermometer.  Spread quickly and thinly on
cookie sheet (can be foil covered).  Melt one 12-oz pkg semi-sweet
chocola
te
bits.  After sugar/syrup mixture has set, no more then 3 to 4 minutes,
spread melted chocolate over whole surface.  (if you wait too long, the
chocolate will not adhere to the bottom part.)  Cool in refrigerator until
completely hard.  Break up into pieces to serve.

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BALLS
Alba Lock

2 cups chunky peanut butter
1 lb. powdered sugar
1 stick oleo, softened
3 cups corn flakes (GF)  ((Nature's Path brand is fine)
            Mix above ingredients into balls and put refrigerator or
freezer
for a couple of hours or overnight.  When well chilled, dip in chocolate
mixture:

Melt over hot water:
1 9-oz. Hershey Bar
=BD square wax paraffin
1 pkg. 12 oz. chocolate chips
Keep warm in double boiler while you dip balls or else it will
harden.   Cool balls on wax paper.  (Put in several balls, roll around and
place
on wax paper covered cookie sheet.  Place back into refrigerator to
chill and let chocolate harden. Then you can put them into a large baggie
or
container to store (freezer or refrigerator)  until ready to serve.

FORGOTTEN COOKIES
Vi Derby
YIELD:  about 4 dozen cookies          Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat 2 egg whites until stiff.  Add 2/3 cup sugar gradually and beat until
very stiff.  Fold in 1 cup pecans, chopped; 1 cup chocolate bits and 1 tsp.
vanilla.  Drop by teaspoonfuls on lightly greased cookie sheet and put into
oven.  IMMEDIATELY turn off oven and leave overnight.  Makes 2 large cookie
sheets full.
(Hint:  Have eggs at room temperature before using.)

Janet Rinehart, Chairman
Houston Celiac Support Group
www.houstonceliacs.org