Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 1996 11:08:06 -0400

Hi!

I will be making my daughter's birthday cake this year and am looking for
advice.  I have made the Miss Roben's cakes before and we really like them.
 However, I have just left them in the pan and frosted them.  For a birthday
cake I would like to maybe use a decorator pan and frost it creatively.  I
have a few questions about doing this with the cake mixes from Miss Roben's:

1.  Does the cake come out of the pan easily?  What is the best technique for
doing this?
2.  Does it work to freeze this kind of cake so that the frosting doesn't
pull up cake crumbs as I try to decorate it?  (This is advice I got from a
cake shop.)
3.  Can you divide the mix in 2 to make 2 small circle cakes or any other
shape for decorating?

As you can probably tell, this is new to me.  I have always purchased
birthday cakes from HyVee, and then my only concern was how I wanted THEM to
do the decorating.  Now that Hannah has Celiac Disease it is up to me and I
need all the help I can get.  (smile)

If anybody has used Miss Roben's cake mixes in this way, please HELP.  Thanks
in advance.

Michele
South Dakota