From:
Mary Burgdorff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 15:31:42 -0500

In my initial question about Velveeta cheese, I asked to hear from those of
you who have tried Velveeta cheese, either successfully or unsuccessfully.
I am fully aware of the fact that Kraft does not list it as GF.  If you
have ever called them, then you know that they suggest that you use your
own judgement based on the ingredients label.  This is what I was trying to
do.  Here is my summary:

     20 (yes, twenty) people replied that they eat it all the time with no
problems.  Most of those 20 people also remarked that they are very
sensitive, with one person even reacting to eating only one Rice Krispie.

     2 (yes, two) people replied that they have had a reaction after eating
Velveeta.  One of these people ate it as a dip, and it was mixed with Ro-
Tel tomatoes & chili peppers.

     5 people replied that they won't try it because it is not on the list.

     There was 1 vote for Ragu yellow & white cheese sauces.

     2 people mentioned that the Kroger "Nice 'n Cheesy" copycat is a good
GF alternative.  We don't have Kroger's here in Wisconsin.

     There were numerous replies stating that Kraft Velveeta is not on the
GF list and therefore is not GF.  I stated in the original question that I
knew it wasn't on the list.  Kraft never said it wasn't GF, they just will
not put their neck on the line and promise that it is.

     There were 2 replies that stated that they thought Velveeta in Canada
was GF.

Thanks for your replies.

-Mary, Milwaukee, Wisconsin