Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:31:01 -0500

Hi -

I am one of those people in the “gray zone” – I have a slightly elevated
IGg but a negative biopsy. I’ve been GF since April 2003 and the majority
of my GI symptoms have disappeared. However, I’ve also been dealing with
chronic leg pain for 2 years. It has been misdiagnosed as shin splints and
possible compartment syndrome. I recently went to a new doctor who again
diagnosed my pain as shin splints and sent me to physical therapy. My
physical therapist, however, believes the problem is neurological.

Although I think I’m on the right path, I still feel the need
for “professional” guidance – whether through a nutritionist, naturopath,
or MD with expertise in this area. Can anyone recommend one of these
professionals in the Orange County, CA area? I would also be willing to go
to Los Angeles or San Diego if someone came highly recommended.

Thanks for your suggestions,
Lisa