From:
Sue Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 17:36:44 -0800

Ricotta- Pesto Meat Loaf

Preheat oven 375

1 package ground turkey

1 cup ricotta (part skim or whole ricotta works best)

1/2 -3/4 c (depending on preference) Basil Pesto

               (I use Trader Joes "Pesto alla Genovese)

1 Egg (beaten)

1-2 cups of your favorite tomatoe pasta sauce

               (unused sauce to put on sliced meatloaf)

Knead first 3 ingredients together and then mix in egg.

Press into greased loaf pan . Spoon on several tablespoons of tomatoe sauce

on top of meatloaf and bake uncovered for 1 hr.10 mins.
---------------
I found a pretty good recipe in
Carol Fenster's Gluten Free 101 book.
---------------
Hi Sue,
I just posted Meatloaf recipes for you at the Delphi Forum:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start
Just open the "Meatloaves for Sue" message in the recipe folder.
There are 102 of them, so it is like a cookbook just for meatloaves.
And I'm sure, some of our members will come and say which of there recipes
they are using.  If not, just ask them in the same folder.
Good luck,
Mireille
------------------
 I put all of the leftover corn and potato chips plus broken pieces of bread
in my food processor and make it as fine as I can.  I then use it for
"breading" meat and vegetables and in the place of crackers in meat loaf.
If I have some cereal I can add it.  Then you can use whatever recipe you
used to use reducing the salt a little.
When I take meatballs to parties everyone asks for my recipe because they
taste so mush better then what they are used to make with cracker crumbs and
bread crumbs.
---------------
1 lb. each ground turkey and ground veal.  (you can use lean beef, or
chicken, to taste).
Grind or mix in a vitamix or food processor a mixture of your favorite
vegetables: onion, garlic, celery, green peppers, etc.
Add salt, pepper and herbs to taste: I use oregano, rosemary, sometimes
thyme for variety.
Add whatever GF crumbs you have around (I save crumbs as if they were gold
dust), or cooked rice, or buckwheat, or chunks of dried gf bread - whatever
is handy.
Bake in a loaf pan at 250 - 300 depending on how much time you do or don't
have.  After about 45 minutes I carefully pour off the liquid accumlated in
the pan and let it cook for at least another 30 minutes, until a knife
inserted in the center produces a clear liquid (as with testing any poultry
for doneness).  I let it cool, then slice it and freeze individual slices
wrapped in foil.  It makes a perfect "take out" lunch or supper when I have
to work away from home.
People have said it tastes like pate.