From:
Vicki Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vicki Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2007 13:48:23 -0700

Dear Listmates -
I had eaten at the Homewood, IL Chili's successfully before,
and stopped there to get a chicken caesar salad.

Unfortunately, chicken caesar salad was no longer on the GF menu. I was told that 100 locations had been sold to a franchise at the end of July, and things had changed.

I then asked the waiter and the manager to put a Chicken Margarita chicken breast on my plain caesar salad, no croutons, etc., and I would have that instead.

Even though the manager went back and told the girl preparing it to put on clean disposable gloves and use a clean bowl and clean spoon, when it came and I had eaten part of it, I found a big crouton. She had used a bowl used previously for other salads. I doubt if she is still employed there, because I called the manager over and showed him.

He had it prepared again for me, with his standing right there, and didn't charge me for the lunch. Fortunately, I didn't eat anything the crouton had been in contact with, I assume, because I am very sensitive and had no reaction.

I doubt if the girl is still employed there, but even though the manager wants to accomodate people with food sensitivities, with a problem with staff like that, I won't go back there.
-Vicki