From:
Jeanne Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeanne Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2011 20:59:10 -0400

The following are the recipes that I received.  I think I lost a link to a recipe that "Murielle" sent, sorry, if I find it I will post... Be aware that there is no xanthan gum listed for one or two of these, not sure if it was omitted etc.  I have not made any of these recipes and am just passing them on to you.

RECIPE ONE:
here's the cake that I always make (and LOVE).  My friend makes the Betty Crocker yellow cake mix and it tastes great. when I make it, it's dry. don't know why we get two different cakes.  however, this Jules cake works perfectly every time
Jules Yummy Gf Cake
Recipe By: Jules Gluten Free
Ingredients:
3 cups Jules Gluten Free™ All-Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder
1/4 cup powdered milk (dairy or non-dairy alternative like DariFree Powder)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or non-dairy alternative (like Earth Balance Buttery Sticks)
2 cups granulated cane sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
1 cup milk or non-dairy alternative (like vanilla coconut, soy, hemp, rice, etc. “milk”)
*Note – to make a delicious chocolatey version of this cake, simply add the following ingredients:
1/4 cup cocoa powder
replace 1 cup of milk listed for white cake with 1 1/4 cup chocolate milk, dairy or non-dairy (I love chocolate almond milk in this recipe!)

Directions:

1. Pre-heat oven to 350º F (static) or 325º F (convection).  Spray two 9-inch round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray and dust entire surface lightly with Jules Gluten Free™ All-Purpose Flour.

2. Whisk together the flour, powdered milk, baking powder and salt and set aside.

3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar and beat well with your mixer’s paddle attachment, until the mixture is very light and fluffy (approximately 3-4 minutes).  Add the eggs next, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Mix in the vanilla with the last egg addition.  Slowly add the milk, alternating with the flour mixture and beating in between the additions.  Beat until smooth and pour into the prepared pans.

4. Bake for 30 minutes, turning the pans half-way through if using convection setting.  To test the cakes for doneness, insert a cake tester or toothpick in the middle of each cake and be sure it comes out clean, with very few crumbs attached.  The cakes will also begin to pull away slightly from the sides of the pans.  Add time if necessary to fully bake the cakes.

5. When done, turn off the oven and leave the oven door open to let the cakes cool slowly there for 5 minutes or so, then remove the cakes to a cooling rack.  After 15-20 minutes of total cooling time, gently invert the cakes to remove them from the pans, then flip gently back onto the cooling rack until fully cooled.

6. Frost the cakes only when fully cooled, or in the alternative, you may wrap the cakes with wax paper or plastic wrap and seal inside freezer bags to freeze or refrigerate until ready to use.

RECIPE TWO
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
2 Cups Gluten Free. flour
2 & 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 Cup butter flavored Crisco
1/2 Cup peanut butter
1 & 1/2 c. brown sugar, divided
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 Cup milk or milk sub.

Mix dry ingredients & set aside. Cream Crisco & peanut butter with 1 cup of sugar. In a smaller bowl, combine eggs, remaining sugar & vanilla, beat until light & fluffy.  Add to butter mixture & blend well.  Mix in dry ingredients alternately with milk. Beat until smooth.  Fill paper lined cupcake pans 1/2 to 2/3 full.  Bake at 350º for 30 minutes.

Frosting - Blend:
2 Tbs. butter
1/4 cup peanut butter
Stir in: 3 cups powdered sugar. Add enough boiling water (about 6 Tbs.) to make frosting soft enough to spread.

RECIPE THREE:
This one is made w/ oriental white rice flour, but it's my favorite!
I think it's actually better the second day...if there is any left! It also freezes well.
 Whipped Cream Cake
Preheat oven to 350º.
Grease an 8x12 inch pan. Sift dry ingredients:
1 1/2 cups oriental rice flour (a must!)
2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
 Whip until stiff:
1 cup cold whipping cream
Add:
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla

Continue beating until no longer gritty.
Add dry ingredients, blend in with wire whisk. Pour into prepared pan. Tap on counter to remove air bubbles. Bake for 30-45 minues, or until it tests done. Top with cinnamon sugar while still warm or cool well & frost.  Make a double recipe in a 9x13” pan.  (from The Joy of Gluten-Free Cooking,  Juanita Kisslinger)