Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2013 14:44:25 -0400

My family and I returned from our vacation to Turks and Caicos, and I am happy to say that I did not get sick the entire time I was there.  Chefs were knowledgeable of GF and contamination issues.  We ate at the Somerset's restaurant and by the pool with no problems.  I usually had snapper or some other seafood with roasted vegetables and some kind of starch.  Sadly, there were no desserts to be had, but the Graceway grocery stores carry a large selection of GF foods, and we stocked up on ice cream!  Food is very expensive on the islands, as much of it is imported, but there were many GF options available.  Some of the other restaurants we ate at were the Bay Bistro and Mango Cay, both only a short walk along the beach.  We cooked many of our meals in our room, as we had a full kitchen for that purpose, and we even had a grill on the patio, which made it nice.  I will add on a side note that the primary airport is undergoing major construction, so you may want to consider that if you are thinking of traveling there within the year, or at least do not leave the county on a Saturday.  The airport is small (though enlarging) and cannot accommodate the mass exodus of Saturday travel.  Enjoy!  Those of some of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen.
Toni Holland