From:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 03:28:58 -0700

I just wanted to clarify a previous post I made regarding Cracker Barrell.  I revised the post (see below) so that it makes better sense.  I recieved an email from somone who wanted me to clarify that Cracker Barrell does have a gluten-free menu.  At one point, they did have a list of menu items they would list as GF, but I've heard they are no longer making that claim.  I'm not really sure, but I am certainly not the expert on Cracker Barrell.  If anyone needs specific UPDATED info regarding their menu, they need to contact Cracker Barrell directly.

In my first post, this is what it was intended to say:  Cracker Barrell has quickly gotten onboard with the whole "Low Carb Craze" and now has a low carb menu listed on the back of their regular menu.  (just to clarify.... Low Carb certainly does not mean something is gluten-free).    I was just using this as an EXAMPLE to show that Cracker Barrell is following a dietary trend of many other places that are offering LowCarb/Atkins Friendly/Weight Watchers approved/or whatever sorts of menus.  Maybe they have seen the light and have realized it's in their best interests (and the consumer market) to provide products that are geared toward special markets.  HOPEFULLY they will come up with a new corporate list of their proucts that are gluten-free as well.  Each (gluten-free) person must make educated and informed decisions as to their choices on where/what to eat in restaurants.

This was my original post, and I believe I left out the word "Should" in the last statement:
"Cracker Barrell has quickly gotten onboard with the whole "Low Carb Craze" and now has a low carb menu listed on the back of their regular menu. Thank goodness they have seen the light and have realized it's in their best interests (and the consumer market) that they [should] come up with a corporate list of their products that are gluten-free."

"Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson