From:
"JP. Timmerman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 2009 17:21:09 -0700

Here are the recommendations I received in regard to my query for good GI docs in the NOVA / Washington DC area. Some of the responses came from the DC Celiacs group on Yahoo.
Cheers!  JP.
^..^

there's a list of members' favorite doctors on the website (www.dcceliacs.com) and I've attached a PDF copy to this email as well.
####
  I have been going to Sarah Fletcher in Sterling VA.  She is boarded as a family practitioner, and her primary area of interest in Lyme disease and other tick borne illnesses (a big problem in this area).  But when I first went in there with the problems I have taken to many boarded internists and GI's she correctly diagnosed Celiac at the first visit ( then confirmed it with laboratory testing).  On the down side she is hard to get in to see, and has a strong personality that may not be for everyone.
    Good luck!  This is an easy area to live GF--lots of eating options all over the place!
####
 University of Maryland Center for Celiac Research,  http://www.celiaccenter.org/
####
We have a great pediatric gastro, their practice may take adults or they could refer you to one.

Dr. Ian Leibowitz
571.226-5600
He's in Fairfax, VA

He diagnosed my son when even the head of pediatric gastro at Children's Hospital missed it!  Great Doc, can't recommend him enough!

Northern VA is brimming with stores, restaurants, support groups etc. for celiac.  You'll find life here very celiac friendly.  Please feel free to write me if I can help you out.
####
 You may want to consider Dr. Charabaty.  She is dynamic, smart and I did have a good experience with her including when it came to a colonoscopy and biopsy.  However, I have to add that I know of one other Celiac patient who thought that getting the results took a bit long.

In any case, welcome to the area & best - Marion

#
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Treatment- Washington, DC
Georgetown University Hospital Home, Georgetown University Hospital .... Dr. Charabaty is the principal investigator for the trial of the immune-boosting
www.georgetownuniversityhospital.org/body.cfm?id=555838 - Cached - Similar
#
Aline Charabaty, Gastroenterology- Washington, DC
Contact | Site Map | Careers . Georgetown University Hospital Home,
Georgetown University Hospital ... Find A Doctor ... Aline Charabaty, M.D.
www.georgetownuniversityhospital.org/body.cfm?...DoctorDetails&doctorid... -
Cached - Similar
More results from www.georgetownuniversityhospital.org >
####
great gastro doctor in DC is Dr.Antoinette R. Saddler, M.D.

http://gwumc.photobooks.com/Profile.asp?numrecs=10&last=Saddler&specialty=Medicine%20-%20Gastroenterology%20and%20Liver%20Diseases&gender=F&keywords=&pict_id=4134431

*******
*******