From:
MRS JOANNE R EGGLESTON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 1995 12:47:30 EST

Several months ago when I was seeking a GF corn tortilla, I finally
found one!

The brand name is Garden of Eatin, Inc, Los Angeles, CA  90029.  The
ingredient list is: organically grown yellow corn cooked in lime
water.  There is no oil, salt, or yeast used in these.

To be absolutely sure they were GF, I called the company direct (many
months ago) and spoke with a representative (sorry, don't remember
name now!).  I was told these are manufactured in a entirely separate
plant and they do not process them on a conveyor belt with flour at
all.

As to where to purchase them, I buy them from a local health food
store, or your local co-ops often carry this brand.  I've found the
best way to heat them, it to warm them up in the fry pan.  When
warming in microwave they turn mushy and yucky!  Hope this helps
those of you looking for corn tortillas!!

Diana
Iowa