From:
Ingrid Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 1996 16:17:58 -0500

1.  Be sure when making your own mayo that the egg yolks are at room
temperature when you make the mayo.  If they are too cold the will not be
able to suspend the oil particles.

2.  What exactly is this Mrs. Robens cake people have been talking about?
Is it a gf mix?  Where can I get it?

3.  A for enriched rice ...  People with our diet eat a lot more rice than
the average American, I suspect.  I myself have turned into a veritable
rice connesseur (sp?).  That stuff you buy in a tiny box in the supermarket
just doesn't do the trick for me.  Why not go to an Asian grocery store and
buy on of the big bulk bags of jasmin, thai, japanese or basmati rice?   I
suspect there are  no additives in Asian rices, though I don't know for
sure.
Besides, for the best taste results, one should always wash away all of the
starch from the rice before cooking it.  Perhaps those nasty additives will
also be rinsed out in the process.
Happy cooking!
Ingrid Gordon