From:
Roger Domyahn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 21:09:20 EST

Although the final word is not out re: whether millet is GF, millet should be
treated as having gluten in it.

My physician who works with CD patients along with other GI tract problems
says that  millet does contain gluten.

Some years ago, I ate millet, buckwheat,  and a # of other Latin American
grains  assuming that they were all gluten free.  When I ate it, I reacted to
all of them.  I get bad diarrhea whenever I eat millet.

I am glad that you are not reacting to millet but that does not mean that it
is not doing damage to the villi of the small intestine.  Even the smallest
amount does great damage although you may not have the traditional reactions.

So please note that you have been forewarned.

Roger