From:
George & Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 09:21:05 -0500

I've just been reading Gina McKenzie's interesting and helpful post about
safe antibiotics for dental visits.  She mentions CIPRO twice as a good
alternative to penicillin.

I have a bottle of CIPRO 500 mg in the medicine cabinet - given to me by a
doctor who knew I was traveling to places where there might be unsafe
conditions and strange illnesses. I've kept it, but never needed to use it.

Then I came across the following in the newspaper:

        Certain antibiotics are carrying new warnings that they can occasionally
        cause  ruptured or inflamed tendons.  The Food and Drug Administration
        sought labeling changes after finding the antibiotics, known as
        fluoroquinolones, sometimes cause tendon pain, swelling, or other
        damage.  The prescription antibiotics are Cipro, Penetrex, Maxaquin,
        Noroxin, and Floxin.

These complications do not refer to celiac problems, but are worthy of
consideration.

Gayle Kennedy