From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 11:19:03 -0700

>Are you certain your vodka is GF? All Vodka is not made from potatoes

I am posting this to the list prior to sending out the second installment of
recipes to those who requested it, they're still coming in.  I thought it
would be of importance to members on the list especially those interested in
what brands of ingredients a person uses in their recipes.

I know not all vodka is made from potatoes but I live in Canada and follow
the guidelines of the Canadian Celiac Association that allows us to consume
distilled alcohol and distilled vinegar.  With this in mind, since I have no
problems with either I do not restrict myself to GF based products in these
two areas.  Also please note that Don Kasarda, from this list, is of the
same opinion as the Canadian Celiac Association, based on previous posts
from him (please correct me if I am wrong).  It is up to each individual to
determine what is best for them based on guidelines given to them, therefore
if you wish to make this (Irish Cream is referred to here) and want potato
based vodka, you must find it according to your guidelines.  I do not give
brand names for the most part since I do not know if brand names available
in Canada are the same as other countries.  It would be up the the list
members to ensure their ingredients are GF, it is assumed that the recipes
would be GF, since this is a celiac (GF) support list, if each member used
GF ingredients.

The recipes will follow for those requesting in a few days.

Karen Bulmer
St. Albert, AB, Canada