From:
Betsy Mackin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betsy Mackin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:21:51 -0500

Hello everyone,

I am taking a huge risk here, i  know i will get a few replys on the
negative side, but here goes.
Brachs Candy Corn, what could possibly contain gluten in those ingredients.
When the Brachs rep called me back yesterday, he told me that they do not
claim any of their products to be GF only because they dont test for gluten.
There lines are cleaned after every batch of new candy comes out.
The Brachs Autumn Mix, which is the dark and light candy corn plus
those little pumpkins. Well, there is not one ingredient i would question.
My daughter, who is our Celiac, ate at least 4 handfuls yesteday. She is
ultra sensative and she had NO reaction what so ever.
I am a very very gluten conscious parent. I read EVERY label, call EVERY
manufacturer. I never ever risk my daughters health.
 As with any other
food I read the label, if I have any question i will call the manufacturer.
The only reason i called on this was the lists concerns. Otherwise, left to
me i would have just let her eat it. THere is nothing there to be concerned
with. Now, this is ONLY my opinion. Anyone else with me here?
Betsy