From:
Jane Ehrenfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 15:51:54 -0500

On Thu, 11 Jan 1996, George & Gayle Kennedy wrote:

> However, I soon developed what my nutritionist has called a geographic
> tongue, with a grand canyon down the middle, front to back, and various
> tributaries running into it.  It is not painful nor problematic in any way,
> just a curiosity, and as it has not always been like that, I assume that
> something somewhere else in the body is causing the creases.

I have had geographic tongue my whole life (or at least since I was a
baby -- according to my mother).  I have found that it is more pronounced
when I am experiencing episodes of gastric distress (due to any of my
various GI vagaries incl. CD).  Again, no pain but interesting to look
at.  I recently had a complete blood work-up done and I am fine (no highs
or lows) so I don't think diet has much to do with it -- in my case,
anyway.
Jane