From:
Allen Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 20:11:33 -0800

Hi Folks,

I thought someone had said Wampler Turkey Burgers were GF
but I wasn't sure if it was Jennio's or Wampler so I wrote to Wampler
this morning and got a promt reply. Good thing I wrote! There are two
Turkey Burgers hat are not GF. Enjoy!

Diana in RI

Good Afternoon Ms. Brown,

Unfortunately we do not have a listing of all of our gluten
free products. You inquired specifically about our turkey
burgers.  We produce 6 flavors of burgers and 4 of those
are gluten free:  the Original 100% Pure flavor, the Savory
flavor, the Cracked Peppercorn and Garlic flavor,and the Specially
Seasoned flavor burger.

We produce 2 flavors that most likely have gluten:  the B-B-Q
flavor burgers contain wheat starch, and the Woodfire Grille
flavor contain Modified Food Starch which could be derived
from wheat.

We do still produce the "plain" burger that you referenced.  It
is in the red box with a blue band across the center that says
"Original 100%Turkey Burger".  As you suspect, the retailer
makes the decision which product to carry.  You may want
to request that they keep that Original flavor in the freezer case.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Betty Dove
Wampler Foods Marketing Dept.