From:
Jane Conrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:56:35 AST

I thought I sent this to the list this morning, but it doesn't look
like it went through.

I received over 100 requests to post this recipe.

 Here is the bun recipe, let me know if you enjoy them.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees:

3/4 cup rice flour
1/4 cup potato starch
1/2 cup tapicoa starch
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthum gum
1/2 tsp salt
1 tablespoon sugar

Mix above ings. then in a separate bowl mix the following:

2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup milk (I use skim milk)

Mix wet ings. with dry ings.

Spray cookie sheet with pam and then spray inside of muffin rings.

Put 2 very large spoonfuls of batter in each, make sure the rings
aren't to close to each other.  Sprinkle with sesame seeds. and bake
immediately for approx. 13-15 minutes, should get nice and golden
brown on top.  Should get 5 buns out of it.  You can double the
recipe and make a bigger batch, if you use them often.  Don't
undercook or they will fall when cooling.  Take out of muffin rings
and let cool completely.

Variation:  add 1 cup grated cheddar cheese for a lovely cheese bun.

For hot dogs:  add 1/4 - 1/2 tsp more of the xanthum gum  to the
batter, and on greased cookie sheet,  spoon batter in an oblong
shape, about 5 inches long (all depends on how big you want them),
sprinkle sesame seeds, and bake immediately.

Let cool completely, wrap individually in saran wrap, and place in a
freezer bag and freeze.  Take out whenever you need one.  When their
thawed Iusually microwave one for about 15-20 seconds, not to much,
just to warm them up.

Enjoy
Jane
Halifax, NS Canada