From:
"-<(::jason::)>-" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
-<(::jason::)>-
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 14:58:17 -0700

Hello,
Just found this forum.  Had a couple questions.

First off, I have definitely established that I cannot eat wheat.  When I do
eat it, I get migraine headaches and upper body muscle pain (arms,
shoulders, neck), both of which have been very painful for me in the past.
For years I just dealt with this and never knew the cause, but finally a
friend suggested eliminating wheat and it has benefited me greatly.

But I notice these are not the "traditional" celiac symptoms (I have read
the FAQ), and also noted that I do not have a family history of celiac.  As
child I could eat wheat w/no problems - my symptoms came on about 6 years
ago (I just turned 30).  I have been not eating wheat for about 6 months
now.

I have also noticed that I can some things that contain small amounts of
wheat - such as soy sauce - with no drastic results.  But if I were to eat a
sandwich it would devastate me.  However, I do remember eating a single
piece of rye bread (pure rye - no wheat) with no drastic pain or results.
So no celiac then?  Not sure.

Also, I have recently discovered that cannot eat dairy without breaking out
in a rash  - on my neck and arms mainly.

So based on everyone else's testimonials and what I have read, I would say
that I probably do not have celiac disease, but rather a allergy or
intolerance.  But this is just my own perception.  Is there any way to know
for sure?  Is the test painful?  (tube down throat whatnot)

And what can be done about this?  I have heard that intense cleansing - of
the intestines/bowels and the liver - can very much benefit allergies or
food intolerances.  Has anyone had any experience with this?

Basically I am relatively new to this whole thing, and would love some
advice from the experienced folks.

Thanks a lot!

_jason_