From:
sharon mattos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
sharon mattos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 02:30:39 +0000

Here is a summary of replies that I received...there were many more but
overall the comments were similiar.  Thanks for all who replied...I can't
wait until Thanksgiving...(smile) Happy Thanksgiving to all!

1)  Those frozen turkey loaf things like Swifts Premium in the tin pan can
have any kind of starch or binder in them.  Many birds are injected with
flavorings, oils or have stuff in their seasoning or gravy packet. I
think that is what they are referring to with gluten.

2)  It's not the meat itself it is what may have been injected into the
bird.

3)  I believe the gluten found in some turkey meats is from the broth that
they add too it sometimes (doesn't usually happen with organic/free-range
turkeys)

4)  Plain meat, poultry, fish...is fine.
I think the person is concerned about pre-basted turkeys and added
flavorings.

5)  I'm sure your whole foods turkey is fine.  We've never had a problem
with any thanksgiving turkey - and gluten free bread makes very fine
stuffing!

6)    Many whole turkeys are prebasted...Injected w/ extra water, salts,
flavoring to keep them moist during cooking. Most are gf. but a few might
not be...Just need to read the labels