From:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:27:49 -0500

Thank you to everyone for their helpful ideas.  See below --

Can you read any Swedish, or at least use an online translator? The Swedish
celiac society http://www.celiaki.se has loads of GF recipes, and links to
many more. I've been able to figure some out just using a little dictionary.
.. you might try emailing either the society, or support groups
linked off of it, and ask if anyone can send you an English translation.

If you use this flour mixture, you can bake most of your favorites using
your old recipe:
DRY FLOUR MIX
2 c brown rice flour 2 c white rice flour
1 1/2 c sweet rice flour 1 1/3 c tapioca starch or flour
2/3 c corn starch 1/2 c rice bran or rice polish
2 tsp xanthan gum
Sift together 3 or 4 times and store in canister. Use 1 c
of this mixture when recipe calls for 1 c wheat flour.
Works very well in cookies, bars, cakes - even rolled out
sugar cookies.

KRUMKAKE

3 large eggs ½ c sugar
½ c butter, melted & cooled ½ c gf flour mix
1 tsp lemon extract McCormick Schilling

Beat eggs in small mixer bowl, add sugar and beat
again until thick and pale. Mix in melted butter
and then flour and lemon extract.

Jan’s stove has knobs with heat from 1 to 7 with 1
the hottest. Heat Krum kaka iron over moderately
high heat and then reduce to 4. Brush iron lightly
with melted butter. Put ½ tbsp batter on onto iron
and cook 15-20 sec on each side. Remove from
heat and immediately curl it around a roller or cylinder
to cool.

Makes 30-35. Jan Hammer from ND

www.scdrecipe.com
go on the scdrecipe listserv and get recipes

If you happen to speak Danish, you might do a google search using the Danish
words for the recipes you want.  For instance, you could type in glutenfri
Aebelskiever and see what you get!

Another suggestion is to check out Bette Hagman's cookbooks - Gluten Free
Gourmet - Revised, Gluten Free Gourmet Makes Desserts, etc.  She has some
Scandinavian recipes in her books.  For instance, she had a recipe for
Scandinavian Almond Bars in her Dessert book and in her book More From the
Gluten Free Gourmet she has recipes for Scandinavian Spice Cake, Norwegian
Fish Cake, Swedish Apple Torte, Swedish Brown Beans, Swedish Hardtack, and
Swedish Sweet Mock Rye Bread. Her Gluten Free Gourmet - Revised has a recipe
for Swedish Meatballs.  Those are just some recipes I found when I looked in
the index for you. I bet there are more.