From:
Lynn Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2011 18:22:27 -0400

Thanks to all who responded - it sounds like there are plenty of gluten free
dining options in Hershey Park!  Yay!    lynn

Here are some samples responses:

Hershey Park offers GF food!  He'll do fine!  Just go to their website -
here's the link:

http://www.hersheypark.com/food_and_shops/healthy_food.php

when my son went, I called ahead and explained the situation. they told me
that he could bring a small cooler in -- just include a doctor's note
indicating that he has a special diet due to his celiac disease.  There are
lockers apparently throughout the park where you can lock the cooler so you
don't have to carry it around.

We were at Hershey last summer - at Guest Services at the park entrance you
can get a list of what GF food is available where. We had GF pizza for lunch
- it was o.k. tasting, but it took FOREVER to get it - like more than 35
minutes - because of the way they prepare it.

They do have burgers and other things that might not be as long of a wait to
get. I think the GF menu is actually on their website, too.

<http://www.glutenfreephilly.com/2009/07/wont-you-take-me-to-chocolatetown.h
tml>
http://www.glutenfreephilly.com/2009/07/wont-you-take-me-to-chocolatetown.ht
ml

We went to hershey in October.  They offer a gluten free meal ticket, you
can check it out on the website and/or call.  I called a number on the
website and they were very knowledgable, but not all staff knew what we were
talking about.  There was at least one person at each eatery (probably a
manager) that was knowledgable and took charge.  I would hope that 7 months
later they would have trained the staff more.

I also printed out the gluten free menu for each before we went and brought
it w/ us just in case.  Neither of my girls had a reactipn while we were
there.

From their website -

Below is a list of allergen friendly food options available throughout

Hersheypark:

.Gluten Free Hamburger Rolls - available at Craftbarn Kitchen, Whistlestop
Restaurant, Decades, Minetown Restaurant, Shoreline Grill

.Gluten Free Wraps - available at Tumbleweed's Taco, Crustano's Deli,
Minetown Restaurant

.Gluten Free Chicken Tender and French Fries - Minetown Restaurant

.Gluten Free Pizza - availabe at Rhineland Famous Famiglia, Midway Famous
Famiglia, Minetown Restaurant