From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:17:13 -0700

Roy recently directed us to an interesting article in Medscape that
soundly documents the connection between low stomach acidity and food
allergies.  After reading this article, it's clear as glass to see why so
many celiacs have food allergies.  Celiac disease, as well as any other
gastrointestinal disorder impairs the stomach's ability to produce
sufficient stomach acid to adequately digest the food we eat -- hence
food allergies follow.  This is a message that naturopaths, "alternative"
physicians, nutritional oriented dentists and chiropractors have been
preaching for years.  About 18 months ago I read the book Roy referenced,
WHY STOMACH ACID IS GOOD FOR YOU by Jonathan Wright MD.  What I learned
from reading that one book was truly a life changing experience.  Before
I started treatment with stomach acid replacement, I had chronic
heartburn, abdominal pain, gas & bloating, food reactions, hives, rashes
DIALY.  But now, 1 1/2 years after following the program recommend me by
a naturopath I almost NEVER have these problems (unless I screw up my
diet or skip my stomach acid supplements).  It seems miraculous, but when
one think about it, it's so darn simple.  What does a diabetic need when
deficient in insulin?  Insulin.  What does a hypothyroid person need to
restore normal function?  Thyroid hormone.  What does any wise & prudent
doctor prescribe for any deficiency -- replace/supplement the deficiency
to restore normal, natural function!  What's hard about that?  So why on
earth do they do just the opposite for stomach acid deficiency?  DUH!
Conventional medicine actually treats stomach acid deficiency by
prescribing medications that futher supress it?  Then, of course, because
a normal biological function is suppressed more illness follows such as
food allergies, anemias, osteoporosis, yeast & bacterial overgrowth, etc.
 ~Valerie in Tacoma, WA

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!