From:
charlie white <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 19:16:08 -0400

I would like to get in on this debate about managed care.

Americans seem to be under the impressions that Canadians cannot go to any
doctor they wish and that the care is not as good.  That is just not true.
My Mother who lives in Ontario had a knee replacement and also a hip
replacement and received the very best of care,  I was extremely impressed.
When she was sent home all home health care was free as well and she had
help for as long as she needed it, including a medical person and someone to
clean the house, in the town she lives in even the bank will come to elderly
peoples house to do transactions.

Now my neighblor(in U.S.)had a hip replacement, endured great hardship as he
was sent home with no home health care as he couldnt afford it.  Some of our
elederly citizens are not given what they need.  And how about people who
have lost their jobs or people who just cant afford to see the doctor when
they should.

I think that a country as rich as U.S. should give their citizens good
health care, what is more important than the health and well being of our
people.  Call it socalized medicine, whatever you want but it works and what
else matters.

Janet in Maine