From:
Marian Wisnev <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:49:53 -0500

Thanks to all who responded to the E-mail from the Cheesecake Factory.
Think that it's a legal thing?  They don't want to be sued if I get
sick????
Dear Marian,
That is a crock!  I visited Cheesecake factory in Thousand Oaks, CA and
had one of the best restaurant experiences ever!  I eat a many fine
dining locations and felt that this service topped even some of the most
expensive restaurants I've been to since going GF.  The chef came out to
clarify my gluten issues and my cousin's severe dairy issues.  He
redirected us to freshly made balsamic vinaigrette and altered our dishes
as necessary.  I think it really depends on the location.
I'd go back again!
Hope that re-instills some hope.
Andrea
------------------------------
So I guess that would mean that none of their cheescakes wouldn't be
either?
Brigitte Vanegas, Development-Capital Services
The Mills Corporation
----------------------------------
I eat there at times and they can't offer anything off there menu. They
make me the usual - a plain grilled chicken with rice and whatever fresh
veggies that they have. Boring but ok. Sure miss the cheesecake.

Diane in Atlanta
----------------------
I eat at the Beverly Hills location all the time and I have never gotten
ill. There are many things we can eat. Just speak to the manager and they
will check and let you know what you can have. I use their breast of
chicken with balsamic vinegar based sauce, egg dishes, salads, burrito
Grande without the flour tortilla and many other delicious items. They
just don't want to be bothered at the home office I guess but I can
assure you that the individual managers are quite accommodating. We have
eaten in at least a half of dozen others in our travels as well and they
are my mainstay. RC
------------------------
I had quite the opposite happen in Dallas and Frisco (a suburb of
Dallas)! Both
restaurants actually keep rice flour on hand, and they will especially
prepare
dishes that are gluten-free. I've eaten there a number of times with
absolutely no
problems. In fact, the manager usually comes to my table and makes
suggestions of
what to leave out and what is easiest to modify.