From:
Sbpookey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 13:04:08 EST

The replies that I received from my initial posting March 11th were requests
for how to do a search and how to get a restaurant card.  So...:

To do searches:  Send to [log in to unmask] and write in the
message line:  GET CELIAC WELCOME.  This is a different address than the one
we use to send emails that will go to everyone.  That should give you all the
explanation you need to make searches, and then some.  It will tell you how to
get an index of all the wonderful posts, articles on our listserver, etc.

To find the restaurant card that I discussed:  It is from the Gluten
Intolerance Group of North America, plastic and fits into my wallet like a
credit card.  When I hand it to waiters both the kitchen and the waiter are
happy because it is so specific.  Its particularly helpful when I am not with
close friends.  There is no need to go through a lengthy
discussion/explanation.

The Restaurant Card in English is $1.50.  They also have the Quick Reference
Ingredient Card (for shopping) for $1.50; the Diet Instruction for $2.50; and
the Hospital Guide for $15.00.  Their telephone number for ordering is
206/325-6980; their dedicated fax line is 206/320-1172; and their email
address is:  [log in to unmask]

Gluten Intolerance Group of North America
P.O. Box 23053
Seattle, WA  98102-0353

Sarah in Washington, D.C.