Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 01:19:19 EDT

Original post:
I'd like to summarize everyone's suggestions for eating at The Big E,
9/12-9/28.   It's OK to bring in specialized foods as long as they are not in
glass,
and you can't bring coolers, but others might have eating suggestions we can
all share.   I stick to the smoked/ grilled turkey legs and baked
potatoes....
any other great finds?
**********************
<<<We always get Dels lemonade in the RI building,
french fries from stands only selling FF, and last
year we ate at one of those cookware demos. We had
salad, bites of chix and something else. There was no
seasoning involved (trying to prove nonstick/lowfat).
Ben & Jerrys if not too busy (can be risky because of
cone contamination) and maple sugar and cotton candy.>>>

<<<The pork sandwich without the bun - a bit costly - I too eat potatoes -
have you had the ones from Maine?>>>

<<<There is a church that makes chicken dinners and they just cook plain
chicken on the grill and serve it with potato and a salad.>>>

And at "that other fair" :-)  ..........

<<<I've never been to the Big E, but here's what I can eat at the Berlin
Fair--I figure Fair food is prolly pretty much the same everywhere.  And and least
you'll know what to eat should you venture a few miles north the first week
of October:
-Lion's Club baked potatoes: bring your own toppings to be extra safe
-potatoes: they're whole potatoes, sliced into a paper-thin spiral and deep
fried.  Nothing else is made there, so there is no chance of cross
contamination
-Fire department French fries
-Boy Scouts corn on the cob
-Methodist grilled chicken--as long as you're comfortable with vinegar and
you ask them to get it for you right off the grill (to avoid contamination with
other stuff in the kitchen)>>>

Have fun, everyone!