From:
Cali Fine Foods <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cali Fine Foods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 07:54:22 -0400

I thought I would go ahead and send the responses I have received for anyone else who will be getting on the road for Detroit.

-----------------------------------

Here are a couple of places that come to mind.

  a.. There is a pizza place in Farmington on (32330 Grand River at Power Road) called Sammy's that makes a good gluten free pizza and has dedicated equipment for other gluten-free items.
  b.. There is a restaurant called Giulio's in Livonia just south of Farmington (31735 Plymouth Road east of Farmington Road). They were at the food fair last year. They have a gluten free menu.
  c.. Carrabbas in Canton (1900 North Haggerty south of Ford Road west of I-275) has a gluten free menu.
  d.. Bel Cibo in Clawson (www.belcibo.com) is all gluten free.

Yes, this is carry-out only, but it is excellent.  My daughter never got sick either.  Just make sure to specify GF.  They do serve both (GF & regular) but are very careful as one of the owners is celiac. he might even be at the food fair.

http://maps.citysearch.com/map/view/5276575

phone 248 474 7760
Sammy's Pizza Deli & Wine Shop
32330 Grand River Ave
Farmington, MI 48336-3202

We have 4 people in our family that are celiacs and I have attended that GF fair in farmington(it's fun).  The closest gf restaurant to Farmington is the Wildflours bakery and cafe in Northville, Mi.  You may want to call them at 248-374-6244 for all the details ( I think they are only open until 6:00 p.m.)  There is another gf restraunt in Clawson, Mi but I can't remember the name of it. (you may be able to find it on the web).

Thanks so much for the responses.  We're especially looking forward to pizza at Sammy's as my son has not had a restaurant pizza since going GF.  This list is wonderful!!  Hope to see some of you at the food fair in Detroit!

Judy