From:
"Barfield, Betty" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barfield, Betty
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2009 16:45:52 -0500

Contact:
Elizabeth Berry
Red Mango, Inc.
RED MANGO IS CERTIFIED GLUTEN-FREE BY THE GLUTEN FREE CERTIFICATION ORGANIZATION  -- LOS ANGELES (May 19, 2009) - Red Mango, one of the most popular and fastest-growing retailers of authentic nonfat frozen yogurt today announced that the company's frozen product has been certified as gluten-free by the Gluten Free Certification Organization (GFCO). Red
Mango is the first frozen yogurt retailer in the U.S. that has been approved by the GFCO to use
the GF Certification Mark, stating that its frozen yogurt has met strict gluten-free standards.
"We receive a lot of questions from our customers about the levels of gluten in our frozen yogurt.
Red Mango's frozen yogurt is naturally gluten-free, so we made it a priority to cooperate with our
manufacturing partner, YoCream International, to provide documentation to the GFCO which
ensures that Red Mango's authentic frozen yogurt met their guidelines for gluten-free products,"
stated Dan Kim, Red Mango's founder, president and CEO. "We are proud to have our frozen
yogurt certified as gluten-free so that customers with allergies to wheat can enjoy Red Mango."
It is currently estimated that nearly one in every 133 Americans, or about 2.3 million people,
cannot consume products with gluten. The Gluten Free Certification Organization provides an
independent service to supervise gluten-free food production according to a consistent, defined,
science-based standard that is confirmed by field inspections, in order to achieve heightened
consumer confidence and safety.

"The number of gluten-free consumers is ever increasing, though eating gluten-free is not a
choice by most who are on the diet, instead it is out of necessity," said Channon Quinn, Director
of Industry Programs for the Gluten Intolerance Group. "Because of this need, GFCO has taken
very thorough measures to ensure all products that contain our logo are in fact below our strict
threshold of 10ppm gluten. We are thrilled to add Red Mango's frozen yogurt mix to our line of
Gluten Free Certified products!"  "YoCream is committed to developing and manufacturing the very best frozen yogurt products for our customers," added John Hanna, CEO of YoCream International. "We are pleased to assist customers with the stature of Red Mango achieve their ongoing mission to deliver the healthiest and best tasting frozen yogurt to consumers. The initiative taken by Red Mango to obtain GFCO certification is a positive step for the industry, and we are glad to have supported them in their effort."

Unlike many of its competitors whose products contain artificial ingredients or excessive calories
from fat and sugar, Red Mango's frozen yogurt is made with all natural ingredients, has no fat,
contains no preservatives, and is made without any artificial flavors or colors. Because Red
Mango frozen yogurt is made in the ways real yogurt is made, it offers a deliciously authentic
natural yogurt flavor, and contains significant amounts of probiotic live and active cultures that are
beneficial to one's health.

About Gluten Free Certification Organization -- Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO) provides an independent service to supervise gluten-free food production according to a consistent, defined, science-based standard that is confirmed by field inspections, in order to achieve heightened consumer confidence and safety. GFCO envisions simplified consumer identification of gluten-free foods based upon the presence of the GF Certification Mark on product labels, and that this mark is known as the gluten-free standard for consumers. GFCO provides consumers and manufacturers confidence in knowing that products labeled with the GFCO Certification Mark meet the strictest standards for gluten-free. These voluntary standards go beyond the requirements of government laws and regulations in order to ensure public confidence.

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, please do not read, distribute, or take action in reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please notify me immediately by return email and promptly delete this message and its attachments from your computer system.