From:
Allen Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 10:07:11 -0400

Hi folks,

I had three responses and I still don't know if Brown Cow Yogurt
is gluten free, but I don't pan to eat it any more! Another thought
I had was that I had a gluten accident about 4 days earlier and
thought my villi had flattened and became intolerant to lactose
again. Does this happen?  I was lactose intolerant before
going gluten free. Here are my responses:

***   It's been a while, but when I tried the BC Yogurt (and it
was the maple flavor) I also had some problems. As I recall,
my problems weren't exactly the usual gluten type, but I
definitely didn't feel well.  I quit eating the product.

***   It is my understanding that whole milk has less lactose
than reduced fat milk, per ounce.  It could be your body couldn't
handle the amount of fat and/or sugar all at once.  To get
around the sugar problem,  I used to mix flavored yogurt with
plain yogurt, back when my son was a toddler.  It's tasty
but not too sweet.

***   I've checked with Dannon, Yoplait and Lucerne. All
of their plain unadorned flavors of yogurt are GF.  By unadorned
I mean no Trix or crunchies or thing of that nature. I've never
heard of brown cow yogurt.

Someone else sent me an e-mail about ,I believe, Stoneyfield Organic
Yogurt being gluten free. Somehow it got deleted.  I prefer organic
and I am allergic to cane sugar.

Thanks to you all

Diana in Rhode Island