From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 21:33:31 -0500

I'm getting lots of responses. Don't have a final answer. Working on it. This is what I have so far.

1. www.chapstick.com says their lip balms does not contain oats, barley or rye. To me that's a red flag, and I'm going to pursue why it doesn't say wheat. No mention of this particular lip balm.

2. Customer service can be reached toll free 800-322-3129 Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST.
I know I won't be able to call tomorrow, so I'll have to call them on Monday. If any of you want to get a jump on it, so Wyeth knows they need to exclude wheat, too, that's fine.

3. One person said she uses this lip balm and has no reaction, and is sensitive.

4. One person said use Blistex, which she said is gluten-free.

I used to use a plain lip moisturizer from Vaseline, in a small tube, but I'm having trouble finding it. So, on Monday, I'll make the call or maybe we'll hear from someone else on the list before then. In the meantime, I'm not opening up the Chap Stick.

Thank you.

Lin