From:
Teresa Schmitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 15:53:37 -0700

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this list and have been reading virtually every message for
the past few weeks. I appreciate all of the valuable information and
advice that the members share, and it's great to know my family isn't
alone!

We've been gluten-free for about a month now, and I am beginning to
suspect yeast sensitivity in addition to Celiac. I have read that
sensitivity to molds, including yeast and even xanthan gum, is common
with newly-diagnosed Celiac. What I've been unable to find out so far is
whether this is likely to be an allergy and a long-term problem, or more
likely to be a temporary intolerance (as lactose sometimes can be) which
may improve as the villi heal.

I'd like to ask those of you that have any experience with yeast
sensitivity whether you've also had any problems with xanthan gum? Also,
for any of you who have seen (or perhaps are) an allergist, were you
able to identify this problem as an allergy? Were these tests able to
identify specific foods such as yeast, mushrooms, xanthan gum, etc., or
just a general "mold" allergy? Finally, have any of you experienced any
improvement in these sensitivities over time?

I would sincerely appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

Thank you,

Teresa

Your FREE email with your first name as the domain at
http://mail2cool.com