From:
Tina Turbin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tina Turbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:37:45 -0700

I asked how others likes the home test kits available for gluten and which they used. Only one UN favorable response came in out of 8- 6 are posted as two were repeats of the others.

1) I bought it and, although it works, I was very disappointed to see how soon the expiration date was. I kept forgetting to use it, and ended up having to discard most of it because it expired. My original goal was to use it in restaurants, but then I became uncomfortable with the idea of taking out test tubes and testing food in front of other patrons. So It went to waste...very costly waste.

2) Thank you for your e-mail. I like this test kit because it can detect
the presence of gluten as low as 10 PPM (according to their website).
You can find it at http://celiachometest.com/order/product.cfm (scroll
to the bottom). There are various size packs that you can buy (1 pack
to 25 pack).

3)I love them! I have had some mystery experiences which prompted my testing some unsuspecting products. I have confirmed my suspicions and found gluten in them ( my most surprising was fresh beef!-must be in the packaging area some contamination possibly).

However, the test results do NOT come in that 10 minute window. Give the test at least 24 hours. It is like a pregnency test, and I have confirmed with the company that ANY shade of pink which shows up on that line we are looking for is a posotive. I absolutely love these! Just remember to give them 24 hrs and I put it back into the zip bag it came in during that time in order to not come into contact with any airborne contaminate. Be prepared tho to find many positives! There are many more gluten issues than you think. All those commercial snacks that simply don't have gluten in the ingredients-most have gluten in them for contamination reasons.

4) I use the EZ Gluten test strips for myself personally and with my clients. It's effective and easy to execute.
The results are given in 10 minutes but the total time of execution of the test is 17minutes. If you are planning on using these lets say, at a restaurant to verify the safety of your food, I recommend you order something cold, otherwise your meal is likely to be less appealing.

5) I used two EZ Gluten test strips last June 2010 to check for gluten in some "Gluten Free" labeled cereals that I was reacting to. The tests actually took 30 minutes total each time and both came back negative. No other people in my Celiac Support Group reacted to the cereals and so that it appears that they really were "Gluten Free."
I purchase my EZ Gluten strips at a cheaper price from: http://www.ezgluten.com/products.php
Besides Celiac, I have Collagenous Colitis and so have other food issues besides gluten.

6) I used two EZ Gluten test strips last June 2010 to check for gluten in some "Gluten Free" labeled cereals that I was reacting to. The tests actually took 30 minutes total each time and both came back negative. No other people in my Celiac Support Group reacted to the cereals and so that it appears that they really were "Gluten Free."
I purchase my EZ Gluten strips at a cheaper price from: http://www.ezgluten.com/products.php
Besides Celiac, I have Collagenous Colitis and so have other food issues besides gluten.

Tina Turbin
www.TinaTurbin.com
www.DannyTheDragon.com
Nominee for Best Children's Picture Book 2009
National Indie Excellence Awards Finalist -Children's Picture Book 2010
Mom's Choice Awards 2010- Silver Recipient
Disney Media, Parent's Choice Award 2010
www.GlutenFreeHelp.info "My Other Undeniable Cause"
Voted #2 .Info Site In The World- 2010

*******
*******