From:
Don Millette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 11:02:46 -0700

Finally I have found a product I really like and must tell people about
it.  I use Celimix brand rice bread mix and on the package it says
"Gluten free - Wheat free - Milk free - Egg free" so I decided to try
it.  From my understanding these people also use wheat starch for some
of there products but this one has only "rice flour, potato starch,
canola oil, sugar, carboxymethyl cellulose, salt"  And it has not
bothered me one bit.

Anyhow, I have been searching for a way to make this bread smoother and
more tastfull and have found a way.

Before you put anything into the mixing bowl get a blender and pour one
cup of milk into it followed by 4 or 5 very ripe bannanas.  Blend it at
high speed until you get a pudding like mixture.  pour the bread mix
package into a large bowl and add 1/4 cup of white sugar.  pour in the
blended bananna/milk mixture into the bowl and mix it with a spoon until
it's well mixed and rather soupy.  Then add your yeast and mix that in.
pour the mixture into a bread loaf pan and let it sit in the oven with
the heat at 200 for half an hour or until it rises to the surface of the
pan then turn up the heat to 375 and bake it.  You will know it is done
if you stick a fork into the center and has no batter on it when you
pull it out.

The bread will be really moist and will taste great warm and with a bit
of butter on it. You can also make great bananna muffins in a muffin pan
with this mix.  I have tried this now for about 6 months and couldin't
be happier...

Hope someone likes this idea.

*** Please note:  It is my understanding that this company also prepares
gluten containing products and some people are so sensitive that it may
not be wise to chance this.  I personally have never had a problem with
this product but would feel really bad if some of the more sensitive
celiacs on this list got sick from the product.