From:
Mary Ann Coyle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Ann Coyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:46:07 -0400

I recently bought La Orquidea chocolate at the Whole Foods in Rockville, MD, after talking with a company representative, Dan Cilo, who confirms it is gluten free. I bought the dark (60%) and it is delicious.I have no personal or financial interest in this company. I just happened to be in the store on a day when the company was giving out samples. [Which I didn't take. I bought a bar and reconfirmed with them by email that the chocolate is gluten free.]The company website: http://www.peruvianchocolate.com/usParaphrased from an email from Dan Cilo:No wheat, barley, or rye is used in production.Production uses ingredients from the same centralized region of Peru, using flavors from Peru (Quinoa, Kiwicha, Brazil Nuts, Pecans, Coffee, Peanut, Coconut). The company is part of an effort to support sustainable economic development, providing fair paying wages to local Peruvians who are working to develop their communities.