From:
Lori Bloomberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lori Bloomberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2013 21:00:48 +0000

All,
Thank you so very much for all your VERY helpful information and insights.  As we all know, it is not black or white and there is a huge gray area for diagnosing gluten sensitivity and/or Celiac.  Lots of people have very unique stories and there are a ton of people out there who wish they caught their auto-immune response earlier.  Sorry to hear that.
This is an amazing Listserve and I am finding that I trust this more than the physicians out there.  It is truly frustrating that the medical profession is not all on the same page and not up to date with the current data out there.
The majority of the responses were to put him on  GF diet.  A few thought it would be hard to make a lifelong decision without a proper diagnosis and to wait and see.
A few ideas were:
-check his skin rash for DH by going to a specialized dermatologist-check for other related food allergies-change to GF bath products -try him out on GF diet and see how he does-test him via EnteroLabs to see if the stool sample provides insight into whether is is gluten sensitive (webiste has a ton of info on gluten sensitivity and the genes associated). I am likely going to do this and curious to know if this method of testing is accurate and widely accepted????-check back to Listserve history to read about false negative blood tests
My son who was truly addicted to wheat is open to trying the GF diet.  He promised me after his last taste of regular pizza he would give it a go for 2 weeks.  It has been 2 days and so far so good.  As crazy as it sounds, his skin patch is looking better already.  He keeps saying that after the 2 weeks he will have his pizza again.  I have a feeling it will be GF forever but taking it day by day right now....
Thanks again for all your help!
Lori