Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 10:00:13 EST

I have a question concerning the IgG Gliadin levels.  My 4 1/2 year
old son just had his follow-up bloodwork. His IgG level at diagnosis
was 140, 6 months later 55, 6 months after that 35.  Now it has been
a year since the last test and it is now 80.  (His reticulin and
endomysial levels are within the normal range.)
My questions are:

1) With a reading of IgG of 80, is it indicitive of an
occasional slip or that he is getting gluten on a routine
basis?

2) If it is due to an occasional slip, how long does it take
to go down?  (I do not know of where he could have slipped
unless it was the McDonald's french fries and plain hamburger
that he ate about 2 weeks before the bloodwork was done.)  If
it wasn't a slip then he must be getting gluten somewhere --
could an occasional toaster crumb do this?  He eats alot of
toast and although we use separate sides I guess there is
always the possibility of a crumb?

3) Does this level also indicate that internal damage is
being done?

4) If he is getting gluten somewhere consistently wouldn't
his other levels also be elevated?

 Thanks in advance,
       Michele Kratzmeier, Germantown, MD.

Michele Kratzmeier     (301) 640-3079         861/4B40